Sunday, March 20, 2011

Night Owl

Something else to make me feel old, or to remind me that I'm getting older...I see certain phases come, go and now return. Eeeek!!

Back in highschool, well, really most of my younger life, I was a night owl. Like, even if I wanted to be able to try go to sleep "early" it was just impossible. My body did not recognize acknowledge sleep until around 11:30 or midnight. I didn't have a problem with it though. I was a journaling (diary) fool back in the day. I wrote some of my best highschool drama readings during those late nights ;) ...oooohhh the things we found so important and life altering back then.....ha.

Back to my babbling. So, we've established my body's love for the late nights. Well, at some point I became the person that could fall asleep within minutes of their head hitting the pillow and I just could not wait to jump back in bed at the end of each day (in a ilovemybedbecauseit'ssocomfy-way and not a i'msodepressedandwastemylifeinbed-way). I sure did love being able to do that ::sigh::

See, I said "did love"....hello old sleep phase from way back. Ugh.

Once again, I cannot fall asleep until atleast 11:30. This time, I WANT to go to sleep earlier. I WANT to snuggle in my bed. But alas, my mind and sometimes body, will not allow me to. I partly enjoy it because it is the only time of day that I have peace and quiet with the little one down for the night but it's getting kind of old. So I blog, instead of the good 'ol diary, and have become addicted to watching Criminal Minds which leads to me watching so many reruns that when I do finally fall asleep I have freaky dreams about them. I just cannot win people.

Here's to hoping the next "phase" returns soon!!

Happy Sleeping to you!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Ooooh... I like your font!

P.S. It's 2 am and I'm wide awake!

Erin said...

Ah yes, the high school drama that made it into the journal back in the day. A journal, might I add, no one reads but me! HAHA!

Michelle said...

Jenn- I like my font too :) There are so many to choose from now, it took me forever to make up my mind! lol

Erin- I know. NO ONE reads mine except for me, lol. I laugh at some of the things I wrote about in there...maybe we should do a post on a funny entry we wrote about....if we're brave enough to find one we're willing to "publish" HA!