Friday, July 9, 2010

Blind-sighted

About a month ago, a lump developed on my Dad's neck. We were a tad concerned about it because it came out of nowhere and it was just, odd. His primary doctor referred him to a ENT so that he could get it further examined. They never did a biopsy because the ENT doctor was confident that it was a Brachial Cleft Cyst. We were relieved. It could be removed and that would be it. He had a MRI done to determine if that was the case and/or if there were more. All was clear. A little over a week ago, he had surgery to remove the cyst. This past Thursday he went in to have his stitches removed. As the doctor was working on removing the stitches my Dad casually asked about his biopsy results. The doctor paused and told my Dad that he needed to talk to him about them. The results came back positive for Lymphoma.

Even though it's only been two days since we found out, it's been a whirlwind. Dad met with an oncologist yesterday and the doctor was able to give him and my Mom an in depth idea of what is going to be happening. My parents left feeling very encouraged. Even though my Dad has Non Hodgekins (which is the more aggressive kind) it's almost better, because it responds to treatment better than Hodgekins. We don't know what stage he is yet. This week my Dad is undergoing several tests and by this Friday (my parents 27th wedding anniversary...great timing) we will know what stage he is. If his scans come back clear, meaning the removed lump was all there was, the doctor said that Dad will more than likely only need to undergo one round of Chemo (6 months). We are praying that this is the case, we want Stage 1! Worse case, he has two undergo two treatments(for a year). Reguardless of his stage, he starts his first round of Chemo July 23.

Dispite the news, we are all in good spirits. God has a plan and we are trusting in Him. Would everyone please keep my Dad and our family in your prayers during this time?? Even ask your friends and family to pray for him as well?

Here are some specific things my Dad would like for you to pray for:

1. My Dad to have Stage 1.....no more cancer will be found, that one lump was it!
2. During Chemo, my Dad would feel as comfortable as possible and that it would go as smoothly as possible.
3. That he wiil only need one round of Chemo, as little as possible.
4. Peace for our family
5. That my Dad continues to be a good testimony through it all


So do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

-Isaiah 41:10

3 comments:

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker said...

I'm so sorry Michelle. I know you're going through a very tough time right now. If you need to talk, I'm here.

Your dad and family will be in our prayers.

Cindy H said...

You know we are praying for your Dad as well as your family. God is in control.

Josh and Rebecca Hewiett said...

We are definitely praying for your dad, your mom, sisters and you guys through this whole experience. We know that God will be glorified through the testimony of all of you! We love you!