Friday, November 7, 2008

Wendy, I have a bone to pick with you!

Let me just share a little story that happened to me this past week.

It all started on Tuesday.
Me and the girls at work were talking about what we should eat for lunch (we tend to do this EVERY day). Diane proceeded to tell me about a yummy concoction she made from Wendy's. She buys their chili and a baked potatoe and pours the chili over the potatoe....how YUMMY does that sound?!? She also likes to point out that it is semi healthy. (That always makes us feel a little bit better doesn't it??) After hearing that, it was stuck in my mind. I had to try it. So what did I do for dinner that night? Yep. I went through the drive-thru and ordered my chili and a baked potatoe. "Mam, we are currently out of potatoes"...excuse me?? how can you be OUT of potatoes??...Yummy dinner plan ruined. But I like their chili so I dealt with it. Which moves me on to my next experiance that I had yesterday. I didn't bring my lunch so I chose to try Wendy's again. For my chili and potatoe. I go through the drive thru, order my chili and (hold my breath) potatoe...they HAVE IT! Hooray! I proceed to the window, pay, take my food, get halfway down the road and then decide to look in my bag. What is NOT in my bag.....my BLASTED potatoe!!! But they so graciously gave me sour cream and butter. I had already taken too much time to go there, and was too mad to go back (stupid, I know) so again, I just had chili.

I have come to accept the fact that I am just not ment to have chili and a baked potatoe....


No comments: