Saturday, November 15, 2008

Working weekend

My week...let's recap.

Austin returned home late late Wednesday night, well really Thursday morning, from Vegas. He was in Vegas all week but didn't get to enjoy it. Too many meetings! Yuck.

Thursday, Austin's mom and dad and cousin Lisa came to visit. My father in law had some work related things do do here in Tampa so my mother and law and cousin came along for the ride. After I got off of work we all grabbed some dinner at Tiauana Flats (my fav!) and had a nice time enjoying one another's company.

Friday was uneventful. It was my "long day"- 8:30-6:15, yuck! By the time I get home and change it doesn't leave much time for Austin and I to do anything but go to dinner, so that's what we did....and ofcourse stopped by Bruster's on the way home for some icecream :).

This lovely morning I got up early (again) to head to my Saturday shift (8-12, it was my turn to work, ugh) only to come home to my husband leaving AGAIN. Our current life makes me laugh sometimes. Anyhoo, it's my brother in law, John's bday weekend (the 20th to be exact) and Austin and their Dad are going to the FSU game with John and having some "guytime".

So here I sit, by myself, AGAIN. Humph. I was supposed to go to Jax to spend some "girltime" with my bestie Jenn, but that fell through. Can I just have a moment to wallow in self pity? Thank you. Here goes...I'm not angry, I'm just frustrated a little. Don't get me wrong, I am so very thankful to God for allowing Austin to keep his job with J & J and that I am in a stable job. I just get discouraged sometimes because if I can't have my husband home with me every night I would atleast like to have friends and/or family close by, but I don't have those either. When you think about it, just say a little prayer of encouragement for me. I need it sometimes :). Ok, I'm done. Thanks for letting me vent :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

With "Operation Privacy" complete I can and WILL now comment!

I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't upset about last night. Well I WAS bummed of course! But I know some things are just out of our control! Has it really been 6 months since I saw you last? May?

I love you and miss your gorgeous face!

~Jenn